Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Crib Diaries

Mandi came over today and woke me up to help me get my nursery organized. She ironed curtains and the dust ruffle while Richard and I put the crib together.
The crib still needs to be refinished on one end, but we were all so excited to see it set up that we went for the gold. Tell me what you think!

The teddy bear is one I brought back with me from Scotland. What you can't tell in the pics, is that Pedro chewed off most of its nose. Oh well.









I've been feeling pretty discouraged lately because I feel like there is so much to do, and no energy to do it, and my time is ticking away.
So, after (another) nap today, I decided to make detailed lists of what I want to do in each room of the house before the baby is born. It's four pages long.
Richard and I knocked one room out of the park this afternoon.
I'm starting to feel better about life in general now.
Tomorrow? 1-2 items on the Nursery list and onward to the future.

14 comments:

Mandi said...

I had so much fun helping with the nursery today. It really got me even more excited for the baby! I think the nursery is coming along great, and I wish I could be there to help a little more. Hopefully I can come home a day or 2 and we can pull an all-day prepare-a-thon.

You can take naps, of course. :)

erin said...

I would really love that, Noonie.
Especially now that I have a LIST! : )
Love you.

kristi noser said...

Oh how I love a list. Let me know--no really--if I can help in any way. I would love to give you a hand.

Katie R. said...

I really like how the pictures look. Super cute. I always sort of want to crawl in the crib and test it out. Cribs always look so comfy. Isn't that weird? I think the nursery looks great.

Naomi said...

How dang cute is that?! I ADORE the nursery set with all the bright colored stripes and polka dots! The bear is sooo cute, and looks really cuddly. And the crib is absolutely beautiful! Erin, you have a lot of friends who are dying to help you. Just ask, and we will be there to clean, organize, scrub, wash, paint, whatever. We want to help you prepare for baby!

Jolene said...

What a great haven for a wee babe! I don't know if I want to ask but is this the bedding you had wished for way back, or did you find something new that you love?

It is really cute! Good luck with your list - that will make a huge difference with feeling like you have things a little more under control.

angie said...

this is SO precious! i love the whole thing--comforter, sheets, crib, the half-nosed bear. :) your babe is going to be so pleased to see it all! :) and i'm glad you feel less overwhelmed, now. sounds like you have lots of willing helpers!

Carla said...

Sweet nest for baby! I love it!

Cara said...

Very cute! :)

Amy said...

Awww, it looks great! And the bear from Scotland is a great touch! If it makes you feel any better I've had a bear my dad gave me since the day I was born and when I was in Elementary school my dog also ripped the nose off...I was devastated, but still loved the wee bear. :)

Anonymous said...

The nursery looks so cute! I love the polka dots and the bright colors.

Sarah

Anonymous said...

The nursery looks so cute! I love the polka dots and the bright colors.

Sarah

Katie R. said...

2008! this is the year you get to meet your wee lass or laddy.

Anonymous said...

Erin, it looks terrific! Great job!