Monday, January 7, 2008

The Best Yet

I got to spend a significant amount of time in the nursery tonight crossing things off my list, folding and sorting baby clothes, and enjoying myself thoroughly.
I decided that it was time to share the best gifts I've received for my baby as of yet. The first came from Future Grandma Brenda--she found a Westie beanie baby! I look for stuffed Westies everywhere I go, and now I don't have to anymore. I can't believe she knew I wanted one.
The other came from Future Papa & Grandma Duffert--a McClain Clan hunting tartan kilt. I couldn't believe it when I opened it up. It's made from real Scottish wool and imported straight from Scotland. AND it's my family's tartan!
You know when Mary "pondered these things in her heart?" I am pondering these two gifts. I am treasuring them up in my heart. To me they represent the baby's heritage and the baby's future, if that doesn't sound too silly.
They are both so special to me that I may never let the baby touch them. : ) It's not the getting of the gifts...it's the love behind them.

An haiku in honor of these lovely gifts:

I treasure up these
gifts, deep in my heart of hearts,
for you, my baby.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that a wee nappy peeking out from under the young ones kilt? Take the best from both families and make yours even better! The beanie looks very real! Hope it is the only Westie to get in the crib. lovemom

Carla said...

Can't sleep. How sweet is that? I love the haiku!

angie said...

how neat! these are such thoughtful, very cool gifts, indeed. :) i can see why they're so meaningful to you.
... no pressure on the rest of us! haha

Katie R. said...

Very excellent.

Jolene said...

How beautiful! It brought a tear to my eye to read the haiku.

kristi noser said...

That kilt is the cuterest thing I have ever seen for a BOY!!!
Can't wait to see him in it with socks with little tassels. Sweet!