Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Fireworks in Week 31


Last night, if someone had been listening to us, they would have thought we were watching fireworks. Richard was laying with his hand on my stomach and the baby was ferociously kicking him. Every time, he would say, "Woah!" "Wow!" "Ooh!"
Although, now that I read that, any listeners might have thought of a different kind of fireworks. Oh well...I digress.
I haven't updated you all on my doctor's visit last Friday.
It was the funnest visit yet. We got to feel where the baby's rump, feet and head are laying. Fern even showed Richard where to feel on my stomach to feel the head, but he stopped suddenly and said, "I don't want to squish it!" We all had a good laugh. I thought it was really exciting to feel all of DesvousJunior's parts, and now I know what's poking me and where!
Its bottom is under my right rib, it's feet are under my left rib, and its head is just below my belly button.
My blood pressure was 120/66, the baby's heartrate was 156bpm, and I gained four more pounds, making my total weight gain 17 pounds to date. Wahoo!
Baby weighs 3.5 lbs this week and measures over 17 inches long. My book says we are heading into a growth spurt now. Whew!
I am feeling good, but my ligaments are stretching so quickly that I was in pretty serious pain last night by the time I laid down. I feel like my belly may split open at any moment and often wonder if I'm tearing in half from the inside out. I'm wearing my spandex "girdle" today to see if it will help support a little bit.

I think that's everything...

9 comments:

Naomi said...

Ahh! It is so exciting to hear about your progress! I wish you as much comfort as humanly possible while carrying another human inside of you. (It sounds so WEIRD put like that.)

angie said...

hehehe. rump. :)
yay for your growing baby and the support of your elastic girdle!!

Jolene said...

Aww... how sweet. I miss those kicks and hiccups and roley-poley feelings. How cool that your hubby got to experience it so vividly!

Kristin said...

What fun for both of you.

Your mom and I had HUGE babies and neither of us ever split open from stem to stern, I swear. Definitely take pictures if it does happen, okay?

Love you!

erin said...

Haha!! Thanks, Kris.

Anonymous said...

You look so wonderful, I am so happy for you!! Love the nursery :)

zcoffeegirl said...

17lbs...wow...I think I gained that in the first three months...Randy sized babies...Good for you! I miss those movements, too. That's the best.

Anonymous said...

That's how mine is still laying - feet and rump up in my ribs. My ribs are spread so far apart, I'm hoping that they will someday come back together. LOL! It is cool when you can feel around and tell how they're laying.

Just caught up on your blog - you look so awesome in the baby shower picture!!

erin said...

Thanks, Jenny!
Now go have that baby!