Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Week 34





















A donut and water gave me heartburn this morning for breakfast.
My Tums are giving me heartburn.
I'm not complaining. Really.

DesvousJunior weighs 5 pounds this week!! I essentially have a canteloupe in me! I can really feel the weight of it and was quite uncomfortable last night. Every other week or so, I can really feel things stretching and growing, so today I'm wearing my "girdle." The extra support really helps my skin and muscles feel better.

Baby is filling out, putting on fat and its skin is smoother than ever. Its lungs and nervous system continue to develop from here on out until birth. Click on the photo to the right for a closer view of baby and some more facts.





At my doctor's appointment last week, I mentioned that I hadn't felt the baby move all day. Well, they FREAKED and made me drink apple juice as fast as I could and then put my feet up (hel-LO heartburn!) in a recliner while attached to the fetal monitor. I kept saying, "Guys, I'm sure it's no big deal!" But they didn't want to take any chances. Of course, after ten minutes, the baby went crazy from the juice and we heard a nice, heatlhy heartbeat that ranged from the 130s-150s! It was pretty cool to see my baby's heartbeat printing out while I got to listen for almost 15 minutes. Poor Richard was stuck at home. This was the first appointment he missed and it was killing him not to be there if something was wrong. Of course, though, it turned out just fine! To date, I have gained 23 pounds and am thrilled about it!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Isn't the heartburn the worst? POPCORN gives me heartburn-and we have it in the lounge almost every day! Ever tried to smell popcorn and not eat it? It's not easy. Brian's advice works best for me-a swig of milk to cancel out the acid. Faster than Tums-and less chalky.

Katie R. said...

Lookin' good.

angie said...

seriously, you look SO GREAT! i'm glad to hear all is well.

Carla said...

You look awesome, Erin!

Anonymous said...

Looking great, as always!

Anonymous said...

(Oops! That anonymous comment was from me. It posted without even asking for a password. I accidentally bumped the enter key and it appeared on the page.)

Anonymous said...

Easton was only 5 lbs 13 oz. when he got here. You are almost there!

Unknown said...

I hope I look as good as you in week 34! You and Jodi got me hooked. I started my own blogger. Thanks.