Thursday, January 3, 2008

Week 30


For what it's worth, it took us SEVEN tries to get a decent photo tonight.
Not sure what that means about turning 30...
I am still feeling very good, though it's getting harder to sleep comfortably at night. Despite this, however, I have a surprising amount of energy. Silly as it may be, the lists have helped.
My coworkers have started openly staring at me now and several have barely been able to hold back from touching me.
I have to say, the weirdest thing about it is that they're all men. The women say, "You look so cute!" The men get as close as is socially acceptable (note that I didn't say professionally acceptable), and comment on my growing tummy.
As somebody who has always dressed overly modestly, this uninvited and unexpected attention is uncomfortable.
Lately I've been craving...are you ready for this?
Sausage McMuffins. Rich and I found some frozen ones that do the trick, but I have been late for work (see other blog) repeatedly because I was in the drive through line at McDonald's. I've also definitely been getting my proper doses of calcium and then some with the large glasses of milk I crave with whatever we're having for dinner, and bowls of cereal that I eat at 3am.
Despite my weird cravings, I am still not eating in excess, and am anxious to see what my total weight gain will be at my appointment at 4pm tomorrow.
This week, our baby weighs a total of 3 pounds, and is between 16 and 17 inches, depending on the source. DesvousJunior's vision is 20/400 right now, which means he or she can only see objects that are right in front of its face, which is a good thing, because I can't imagine there's much to see on the other side of a uterus.
The baby has been kicking me in the ribs a LOT lately to the point where I nearly scolded it today. I held back because I thought I might look foolish scolding my own belly button, which is stretched even further than the last time I mentioned my belly button...

4 comments:

theswamphare said...

I don't know why but I want to hug pregnant women, it just gives me warm fuzzies to see them. How weird is that?

As for Jr. kicking you; eat some spicy food, that'll learn them.

angie said...

cuuuuute, erin!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, the rib kicking is so not enjoyable. I was almost late for work a couple times going out of my way for a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich from Wawa while I was pregnant with Peaches. It was worth it. :o)

Anonymous said...

Erin, you look adorable!