Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dear Kris H.,

This is what you missed.

I'm so not kidding. I could not stop crying when I walked in to the shower and discovered that my friends had hung up pages from my blog for everyone to see. I was so touched by their thoughtfulness and how well they really know me...
And from there my heart just filled and filled.
I couldn't even begin to list the highlights of the day, because it was all so overwhelming and wonderful at the same time.
My car was so full when we left that my sister had to thumb a ride home with another guest. (I'm not kidding!)
What a wonderful day, everyone. Thank you so much.
I don't know what I expected, but I was honestly not prepared to be so overshelmed by love and kindness.
In an effort NOT to wax emotionally dramatic, I think I'll sign off.
I told the girls, "I'm going to bed very exhausted and very happy!"
I'm hoping Aunt Kris will send me her photos tomorrow so I can post some more soon (hint, hint).
Sincerely yours,
Erin


























Hey! Who's got the photo of Erin, Sarah, Cara & Naomi??? I want it!

9 comments:

Katie R. said...

Awwww Man, I'm so disappointed I couldn't make it. I knew you'd have a great time. I was looking forward to meeting you in person,too. Glad you had a great day!

Carla said...

So fun to see you finally get a shower! Squeaky clean, Erin!! You totally scored on the baby stuff, girl!

Jolene said...

What a fun afternoon! It was great to meet you in person, and the party was just lovely.

erin said...

Katie, I was bummed, too! I still want to meet you!
Carla, I finally smell good!
Jolene, How fun to meet you!!! I'm so glad you guys could come.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Erin! I'm crying just from looking at the picture of you crying! I'm so glad you had a wonderful day. Thank you SO much for the pictures. I'm still sad that I missed it, but am very, very happy that you had such a great time!

Jodi said...

Looks like a blast! Glad it was so wonderful, you deserve it. Wish I could have been there-stupid state, being to big.

angie said...

so fun! it was awesome to see your pregnant self, erin. i keep telling everyone i know how great you looked. seriously, glowing. happy baby stuff! :)

zcoffeegirl said...

Looks like a lot of fun...so sorry that I missed it, too! So glad that you are so happy. And the blog idea....kudos, girls!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the invite-it was a great party. Hope to get together again soon.