Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Week 18 Check-Up

We had our 18-Week Check Up last night.
Everything seems to be in good shape.
Ajax' heartrate is 140-150.
My blood pressure is 108/64.
Our ultrasound is scheduled for October 15 at 5:00pm. Yay!!!
I'll only be 19 weeks for the ultrasound, but Fern says that's just fine. I can't wait to see pictures of my little one.
Fern answered all of our questions, including my consternation over why I'm not "showing" yet. She said the nicest thing--at least she made me feel a lot better. She said, "Darling, you have the BODY for having babies. Your baby is going to grow UP before it grows OUT, so be thankful for that! Tall girls like you have easy labors and delivery. Don't worry about this anymore!"
So, I won't.
I guess.
Can't wait to show you pictures of our baby!

5 comments:

angie said...

woot! wow, that's exactly what i'd want to hear if i were in your shoes right now. that's awesome! i would gladly focus on that "easy labor and delivery" she mentioned. :)yay for growing babe!

Anonymous said...

A prince's dream vixen and easy labor and delivery. You got it all.

zcoffeegirl said...

Fern as in Fern from Stillwater? I love her..she came and spoke at Latte. Can't wait to see the baby...

erin said...

EVERYBODY loves Fern! LOL. I'll have to tell her what a celebrity she is...and how many of us she's seen naked.

Cara said...

I am so glad that everything is looking good with that little babe. Enjoy not showing--you might just hate it when it happens!