Monday, October 22, 2007

Itchy and Scratchy

I. AM. SO. ITCHY.
I read that I am in the "itchy stage" of my pregnancy right now, where my blood volume increases by 50%. Therefore my blood vessels, nerves and skin are all agitated. In weird places. The tops of my arms, the insides of my ankles, my hairline and the tops of my thighs. Don't forget my palms and the bottoms of my feet (which I think is mostly from swelling, which has gone down significantly).
No amount of lotion helps because it's not dry skin. It's annoyed skin.
I suggested to my mom that they should put the leeches on me--drain some of this excess off.
She has yet to respond.

In other news, SUCCESS!
Mandi and I went on a shopping mission (from God) this weekend. We found her a new winter coat and me--MATERNITY JEANS!
Hooray!
I was so excited that I "frolicked," according to Mandi, in the store, and as soon as I paid I went back into the fitting room to change and wore them home. I asked the sales girl if she had a lot of women desperate enough to do that. She laughed and said, "Oh, yes. All the time."
Who cares!!? I had no idea how uncomfortable I had been until THAT. VERY. MOMENT.
The best part? Only $17.
Yay me!

9 comments:

angie said...

dude, that is a GOOD BUY. as for the leeches ... ewsters.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if leeches are reusable? Like can they use them on the next person when they are done with you? Or do fat leeches work better for fishing? Do fish have a taste for human blood?

Mandi said...

That WAS a fun shopping mission. I was so excited to wear my coat today, but the sun decided to show itself for once. But since they won't run the heat in our dorms, I've been sporting it between the bathroom and my room. Haha.

kristi noser said...

Fat leeches, now there's an idea. I'm gonna invent that.
I could call them "lipoleeches" I'm gonna be a millionaire.

kristi noser said...

Oh, and there is a homeopathic for itching, it's calle Apis. If you want to give it a try, you can borrow mine.

Anonymous said...

Oh the itching!! I started taking Vitamin E and that seems to help.

As for the maternity jeans - awesome! I found some for $30, but have ended up wearing a pair of low-rise, stretch, non-maternity jeans lately because they stay up better. I cannot find maternity jeans that I don't have to keep hiking up.

erin said...

Hi, Jenny! Shopping for maternity pants has been sort of a nightmare since I'm so tall. I hope you have more luck soon!

Jolene said...

I didn't even finish reading your post but I had to comment on the itching - I'm SO sorry for you! When I was pregnant with the twins I broke out in a rash (PUPPS) all over my body. I will never look at itching the same way. I just wanted you to know that someone was feeling very sorry for you. Itching sucks!!!!!!!

Kristin said...

FYI: You don't have to go pay for the jeans first. Simply wear them out of the fitting room, make them scan your butt and you're on your way. Saves you a step. : )