Monday, October 29, 2007

Registered

We went this weekend to register for baby gifts at Babies R Us.
It went very well. Better than I anticipated, in fact.
I have registed for 91 items that DesvousJunior absolutely can not live without.
Apparently.
I felt great about everything I got accomplished until the hormones and frustration kicked in last night. Now I'm second-guessing myself.
My biggest concern?
Decorating the nursery. I have searched HIGH AND LOW for a decoration theme that I like.
Well...I finally found one. Love at first sight--a crib bumper, quilt, window valance, all that jazz. It's gender neutral, but fun and colorful without ANY smiling animals or cheerful bugs. (My one main criteria--no smiling animals or cheerful bugs.)
I found it alright.
In Edina.
At the Galleria.
Guess how much it cost.
Just guess.


Nope.

$700.

SEVEN. HUNDRED. DOLLARS. for a blanket set that my baby will barf and poop on.
But I love it.
Now I just have to figure out how to GET it.

9 comments:

Jolene said...

i know you're not in the mood for jokes but i couldn't help but laugh my head off reading this post!!! what's a momma to do!?!?!

Jolene said...

oh - and are you going to post a link or pic or something? would love to see...

erin said...

I know--it's terrible!
And no, I can't even find a manufacturer to put up a pic.
I may end up consulting the MIL and making it all on my own!

Katie R. said...

You only have your first baby experience once...have fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow! The cutest ones are always the most expensive.

You know, you could always rationalize it if you plan to have more kids. You did say it was gender neutral after all...

Laura said...

If your MIL can sew, go for it! My mom made my "nursury" decorations. It was actually just a slip cover and skirt for the changing mat/table... and with the leftover material she made a baby quilt which Dinah is using now! Blue sky, clouds and rainbows! :) The quilt has teddy bears with balloons, but that's ok... it was from some fabric I used on a 4-H project when I was a kid so it had sentimental value.

theswamphare said...

so I guess you're not going to help us out with a link to your registry, huh?

Swampy

erin said...

Not yet, Swampy. It still needs a little fine-tuning. Soon, though. : )

Carla said...

Too funny!
I went with baby angels for all four. Cutesy little framed pictures and a baby blanket. They didn't seem to mind. If they did it's just one more thing to tell their therapist.