Thursday, October 4, 2007

Alfalfa

When my friend, Cara, was pregnant with her first child, she talked about growing "baby hairs" around her hairline. "How pretty!" I thought. "I'll look just like J.Lo!" (Sorry for the clevage in this photo. It was the hair that I thought was so pretty.)


I thought, "IhopeIgetbabyhairs! IhopeIgetbabyhairs! IhopeIgetbabyhairs!"

I got them.

Just not at my temples like oh-so-pretty J.Lo.

I look like frickin' Alfalfa (who died at the age of 31 from a shotgun wound to the chest from a friend). Of COURSE this is happening to me.

Perhaps we should be calling baby Alfalfa instead of Ajax. Thoughts?

7 comments:

theswamphare said...

I apologise but I must say for men everywhere; "That is no cleavage." so you've nought to apologise for.

Anonymous said...

I first read this entry at work, where I can't see the pictures. I couldn't figure out why you were putting pictures of your cleavage on a blog about hair. If the hair was growing in your cleavage, surely you wouldn't post a picture of it. Ewwww! lovemom

Anonymous said...

so the funny thing about this, is i have always hated those hairs. they stick to my head when i sweat and i have to push them to the side of my fore head so it doesnt look funny and here the hole time you have admired them. lol. i have wanted to wax them for years, but i am not that crazy.
love sasha

Anonymous said...

ok i proof read my comment and saw that i forgot the "w" in whole, sorry. i meant whole, not hole. lol.
sasha

Cara said...

I am still laughing and tearing up from this entry. How funny. I am sorry you have alfalfa.... I think your hair looks great! This is just another thing that you can tell your precious baby that you endured for them someday! Maybe soon you will be able to post about your melons growing to the size to enable you to have J. Lo-style cleavage!

erin said...

Swampy, I apologize--sorry for the BOOB in this post.
Also, did I spell cleavage wrong, too? And how do you spell apologise(ze)?
What's WRONG with me?!?

zcoffeegirl said...

It's motherhood, honey. With each kid, you lose a billzillion brain cells. They don't tell you THAT at birthing class. It's okay. You'll only miss them when you're trying to have an intelligent conversation at your work party.