Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ultrasound Photos

The ultrasound visit was pret-ty cool.
We saw the baby moving around like crazy, sucking its thumb, sticking out its tongue, everything. It was quite the experience. I thought for sure that I would have a million questions, but instead I was so stunned I could hardly say anything!
As we left the appointment, Richard said, "That was the weirdest 20 minutes of my life..."
Rich also insisted that the doctor make sure that the femurs both looked good and strong. (LOL)
One bummer is that the doc AND nurse both referred to the baby as HE, even though we were both very adamant that we don't want to know the baby's sex. I pointed out to Rich that we've been calling it a HE since the day we found out we were having a baby, but still...it was sort of a bummer.
If you're keeping track, baby's heartrate is 134 (so slow!!), which is another sign that it could be a boy. To be honest, I don't put ANY stock in this guessing nonsense. It is what it is, and as Brenda said last night, "You can't change it anyway!"
It was a pretty cool experience to see that little baby flopping around in there and doing baby stuff!
I could go on and on, but let's get to the good stuff. The images here are not NEARLY as clear as they were on the screen, but they give you a pretty good idea of where we're at.

3D image of baby sucking its thumb (or at least attempting to!). This made me happy since I was a thumb sucker for WAAAAY too long. : )




Baby's face. The white part is its nose, the chin is pointing to the right, and its forehead is to the left. Can you see it?

This is my favorite from the appointment. Just a foot. This is the one that makes it a REAL baby to me. The rest of the pics are sort of...creepy.



Profile view of baby.
Its head is far left, the is fist at the top, connected to the forearm and elbow, which is touching the knee.

11 comments:

Naomi said...

AWESOME!!! How cool that you got to see a 3D image! I am so excited for you guys!

angie said...

yay for healthy baby!!! s/he looks very happy in there. :) and for the record, i bet they just said "he" because they didn't want to say "it." right? right?

erin said...

Thanks, Angie.
That's what I've been telling myself. You're a good friend!

erin said...

Funny side note--I just talked to Brenda and she said the baby's head is so round! I had to laugh considering my hubby's cone-head! LOL

Anonymous said...

Erin, thanks for sharing those pictures. How awesome! God is so good!

Katie R. said...

Your baby has beautiful bones. :) Congratulations on the fun appointment.

Mandi said...

Hmm...you'll have to help me out with these this weekend when I come home. I'm having a hard time deciphering things :(

I'm really glad it went so well, though! This pregnancy can't just happen fast enough! I'm so excited for my spring break!

Laura said...

Beautiful pictures. I don't think the doctors calling it a "he" mean anything either. With my last baby, my doctor had me so convinced it was going to be a boy we were calling it Jeremiah up until the c-section when we discovered our beautiful Dinah Rose! :)

Carla said...

Wow! How awesome! I do love ultrasound pictures and yes, well they are kinda creepy. The skully ones.

kristi noser said...

I really like those 3-D pix. They are cool. I really love the foot picture too.

Unknown said...

just a silly comment..
i put this strange phrase about a baby in google and yours is the first link that appears; the funny thing is that I was born the same day that your babie was hehe but with a gap of 20 years.

Oh well.. congrats by the way!, byee.