Thursday, February 28, 2008

Week 38

I had my 38 Week appointment yesterday.
I gained two pounds, putting me at a grand total of 27 pounds!
My BP was 120/67.
I measure right on schedule at 38cm.
I am also just about 1cm dilated and 70% effaced.
Lots of progress from last week...sort of.
Fern always checks my ankles for swelling and yesterday commented that I'm starting to look like I'm really getting ready to have this baby. I'm still not quite sure what that means other than the fact that my socks make a stripe on my ankles and my face is getting fatter. She said that we should plan on two more weeks til it comes, but that it could happen at any time.
I woke up at 4:00 this morning and my feet and hands were so swollen that they were tingly and ithy and didn't even want to bend. Rich helped me wedge pillows under my back and butt so that I would HAVE to sleep on my left side. By 7, the swelling had gone down significantly.
At this point, baby weighs about 7lbs, and has a very firm grip. Its organs are now "fully developed" and ready for life outside the womb.
DesvousJunior keeps getting the hiccups like crazy! Fern says that means he or she will be a good nurser! Here's hoping!

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Every week I am amazed at how alike our appointments are! I keep expecting one of us to pull ahead. I think March 1st is a great day for a birthday...

kristi noser said...

I love Fern.
March 1st sounds good to me too.

angie said...

definitely better than leapyear on the 29th! i'm pulling for a march baby. :)

Carla said...

I'm not ready...have to buy some baby stuff, recharge the batteries for the camera,pick up a nice card..and.. ...and...and...it's gonna be great!

Anonymous said...

Closer and closer!! My kids have/had no nursing issues and all had constant hiccups. Weird!

And March 1st is a great birthday! Peaches will be 2 that day!!

Jolene said...

I was just wondering what became of all the "bets" that were written for birthday, gender, and the like at your shower...

They would be fun to see (to see what other people think) but maybe not worth the effort it would probably take the post them! LOL!