Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Survival

OK, if yesterday was a bad day, last night was ...worse.
I tossed and turned (read: flopped and groaned) all night long.
I couldn't lay all the way down because I had such terrible heartburn that I was gagging (no more Greek for me), and when I tried to sleep in the recliner I woke up an hour later with a stiff neck.
I finally fell asleep in the nursery, curled up in my bathrobe with my Tums in my hands.
Surprisingly, though, today is a much better day than yesterday. I am in a much better mood, for the first time in a week (poor Richard!!) and have even managed to get some things accomplished this morning.
So...it looks like I'll survive today.

8 comments:

angie said...

thank goodness!!

Jolene said...

and that is a beautiful thing!

Cara said...

Yeah, that heartburn is a b****. I am glad that you finally got some sleep and are having a decent day. When the baby drops more, you will be able to sleep much better--I have had some great sleep since the "lightening!" Hang in there--the end is near!

Amy said...

Oh gaul, I got awful heartburn but I can't even imagine how bad it is when you're pregnant!
Hang in there!! :)

Unknown said...

must be getting near the end-Jodi's blog sounded very similar.

Kara Jo said...

Oh Sweetie Pie, hang in there. It's almost over! You've come a long way, Baby!

I remember the nights with no sleep, and needing that never ending supply of Tums, too. You done good and soon you'll have your little bundle of reward. :)

Carla said...

Praying you through, sweet girl!

Rebecca M. said...

Erin - thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. I have so enjoyed reading your posts. I just started a baby to be blog and am hoping to be has funny and insightful as you! You must be so grateful to have your closest friends pregnant at the same time! What a wonderful gift. All the best for a speedy delivery and a healthy DJ.