Friday, February 22, 2008

Week 37

I had my 37 Week appointment on Wednesday.
My blood pressure was high enough that I didn't "pass" until the third time she took it. Couldn't POSSIBLY have had anything to do with the flight of stairs I walked up immediately prior! Over the course of 15 minutes, my BP went from 138/96 to 106/72. Nice, huh? I focused on relaxing (a tactic that might come in handy later...), which made a huge difference!
I am still measuring right on track (37cm), and I have a "nice, soft" cervix and am not quite dilated to 1cm. I also gained two more pounds since my 35 week appointment, which brings me to a nice, even 25 pound total so far. YESSS.
So...we're moving in the right direction!
I admit, I was hoping she would tell me that I was dilated to 4cm and I would probably have my baby that night. I even fantasized about my water breaking on the way into the examining room.
Let me be clear--I'm not SO uncomfortable that I want to be done or anything like that. I'm sick of my job. I checked out last week. I packed up all my personal belongings to take home with me tonight. Hopefully I won't have to come back. Haha. Wishful thinking, I know.
I've been having quite a lot of cramping lately, and the BH contractions are getting more uncomfortable, but that's about it.
It amuses me that Richard is starting to get nervous. I'm enjoying it, to be honest. : )
This week, baby weighs about 6.5lbs and probably measures about 19 inches long. At this point, some babies have long locks of hair and others don't!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Almost a centimeter! Woo-Hoo! It's okay. You don't have to be terribly uncomfortable to want to be un-pregnant. LOL! It's good that you're not too uncomfortable because it won't be long now!

Jolene said...

Isn't it a beautiful feeling? Putting your things in a box knowing that something bigger is on the way! I'm so excited for you and your upcoming adventure :) Will also pray for patience for you - the anticipation can get so overwhelming! You're almost there, Mama! Yay!

Jodi said...

I know how you feel-I've started posting my lesson plans at school, hoping I won't be the one to read them next! Caring for a baby will be so much more fun than work. We're almost there!