Monday, February 18, 2008

Nesting or Nutso?

Strange things are happening.
I told Cara that I might actually be off my nut.
I spent the entire weekend doing laundry. I even loaded up all the doormats and took them to the laundrymat. I also scrubbed the tub, scoured the bathroom, swiffered the kitchen floor (twice), changed all the sheets in the house, and started doing all the baby laundry.
Once I bring up the stuff waiting for me in the dryer, my bags will officially be packed to go to the hospital, and I'm not too proud to admit that I nagged Richard until he installed the carseat in the car. It took the poor guy about a half hour and I came down and "fixed" it in under four minutes. Shhh...
The weird thing is the stuff that DOESN'T bother me. Like the sink full of dirty dishes, or the dust on every surface, or the fact that every room needs vacuuming. Nosiree! Those doormats take priority.
Other weird stuff: I was able to get my rings on this morning, but by 10am couldn't get them off without soap and water. They are currently residing on a chain around my neck. AND, I can hardly read my preggo books or emails anymore. They make me sick to my stomach.
I'm officially full term, as of yesterday.

6 comments:

angie said...

i think it makes total sense. your baby will see the rugs before the dust, right? totally.

Carla said...

We are so close, sweetie!!!

Anonymous said...

I did all the weird stuff (like the doormats) too. Then my mom finally took pity on me and came and dusted and vacuumed and did my dishes before we went to the hospital that afternoon. LOL!

I can't believe you only 23 days (or so) to go!!

Naomi said...

Nesting! See? Last week, you were asking me if you REALLY HAVE to wash the baby clothes. Nature has a funny way of getting you ready when that baby is coming. You are getting so close now. Doesn't it feel good to be prepared!? I love you and think your nesting is adorable;) even down to the doormats!

Kara Jo said...

Ooooh, the time is drawing nigh! It feels good to get everything in order, eh? Glad you'll have squeaky clean doormats--very important.

Am I on the call list? :)

erin said...

KJ, Yessiree!