Sunday, February 10, 2008

Week 35

I am so far behind!!
I'm actually 36 weeks along (just starting my 9th month, for those of you who are counting...or dividing, I guess), but I haven't had the chance, or the energy or the ...inertia... to post about my 35th week.
In the 35th week,
DesvousJunior
weighed approximately 5 and a half pounds and measured just over 20 inches.
At my 35 week check up, Fern said that my cervix had started to efface and that I had a "dimple" of dilation. Her choice of words made me gag, but made me feel very excited! We are almost done! She said she can feel its head, too, which I think is weird and very cool. Baby's kidneys are fully functional now and its liver can process some waste products.
I have been having some Braxton-Hicks contractions lately, but nothing to write home about. It's a strange sensation to feel your entire abdomen harden and there's nothing you can do about it.
Things left to do before baby arrives:
-Put carseat in car.
-Pack hospital bag.
-Finish baby quilt.
-Wash baby clothes (someone tell me--is this ACTUALLY necessary?)
This week has been a LOT harder for me to get around. I'm not waddling, per se, but I am taking my time walking back and forth to the bathroom. Who says you can't get exercise this late in the game?? I have found that I can breathe a lot easier lately (Which is all relative, really. I still huff and puff going up the stairs but am usually recovered in about 10 feet as opposed to 100 like last week), and my bladder is smashed like a balloon under a car tire, hence the constant trips to the ladies room, which makes me think that Baby is starting to move down. Also, Richard has helped me put my socks on for the last 3 days. I envy girls like Naomi who could wear flip flops through their entire pregnancy!

5 comments:

Katie R. said...

You sound so calm and patient. I'm holding back the urge to tell you to go for a fast, relative term, walk and find a Thai restaraunt. I'll be impatient for you maybe.

Naomi said...

Um... Are you sure you read the article? Erin, you look FABULOUS! I must admit, flipflops saved my life, but also KILLED my feet. That much weight+no support= DEATH. I am with Katie- I am getting so excited, and impatient, for you! I want to meet this baby!! I cannot wait for our children to grow up together (and be best friends... or lovers;) I love you so much and can't wait to get the call. I'll be there in a hurry, you don't have to worry, cuz, Baby, there ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough, ain't no river wide enough, to keep me from gettin to yooooooooouuu!

angie said...

yay!!! you just looked better and better! i love it.
as for the baby clothes washing, as far as i know (real helpful, i know, since i'm not a mom) you really are supposed to wash the clothes with baby detergent so nothing irritates their lovely and delicate baby skin. :)

Jolene said...

You look beautiful! Truly.

I would wash the clothes. I don't for my bigger kids or myself, necessarily (shh!). But for a wee little lamb, I'd do a good Dreft session before they have to wear them. Sorry! I'm pretty sure I fought it tooth and nail with my last baby but I still did it and would do it again.

Think of it this way - it's the only time you get to wash them and you won't have to wonder if all the stains came out ;)

Cara said...

Erin, You truly look great! I can't believe that the time is almost here. What a gift that we got to expereince all of this together. God sure had a hand in all of this.....

Love you!