Sunday, December 30, 2007

Week 29

Today officially marks my first day of Week 30, but I thought I'd share my pictures from Week 29.
Richard and I went to Target the other night to spend our gift cards. I purchased some infant pacifiers. For what it's worth, I am planning to teach my baby to suck its thumb, if it doesn't come out doing it already, but I've been dreaming about spending $3 on some infant pacifiers, just in case.
Poor Richard.
The idea that I would want to spend my Christmas money on pacifiers for a baby "we don't even have yet," completely baffled him.
"What would your mom say if she knew you were doing this?" (I think he thought my mom would have been on his side.)
"I think she would say, 'If spending $3 on pacifiers makes you feel more ready, then go ahead.'"
He didn't look convinced. In fact, he teased me all the way to the check out.
Finally, I asked the cashier for her opinion, "Did you buy things to get ready for the baby that your husband didn't understand?"
"Like pacifiers?"
"Yeah!"
"My kids all sucked their thumbs."
Ugh.
I still think my mom would have taken my side.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything that makes you feel more ready is fine with me. You do realize that being ready is an illusion? You might consider buying some diapers the next time you feel the urge. I gave you all those onesies for Christmas because you kept saying if you didn't have any you weren't ready. Now it sounds like you have everything you need. When are we going to see a blog about the baby's kilt? lovemom

Cara said...

You look great! :) I am just wondering if you still wear that shirt in public, because you SHOULD! Maybe you should wear it to our NYE party tonight! Seriously, though, you are looking more and more ready every week!

erin said...

Haha--thanks, Cara! You know how much I love walking around with my belly hanging out. Haha!