Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Christmas Party

On December 5, my division had a "Holiday" Party. People got all dressed up for the shindig, and I wore my new dress, as some of you may remember, which did little to hide my growing body.
Earlier that day, my VP announced to the entire division in a quarterly meeting that I was pregnant. Until that moment, two-thirds of the division didn't know I was pregnant, and it's fair to say that I know or have spoken to most of the people in our group, simply because of the nature of my job.
So...at the Christmas--I mean Holiday--party, I not only unveiled my baby bump, but my secret was out ahead of me.
I kid you not, I couldn't get from the table to the buffet and back in under 15 minutes. Everyone wanted to congratulate me, or tell me they had no idea, tell me stories about their own children, or simply shake my hand. Surprisingly enough, no one tried to touch my belly.
It sounds silly, but it all made me feel so special. What a special memory--the Vice President cared enough to announce it, and everyone else cared enough to share in our joy. People were practically falling over themselves to congratulate Richard and I.

A very sweet Christmas and Pregnancy memory.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

That is all so fun! What a great way for your news to be shared. So much better than lots of hallway talk with some poor soul having to ask if you're fat or pregnant. LOL

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun party! That is a really nice way to have the news announced, and always special when people are so happy for you.

zcoffeegirl said...

That is really fun....enjoy this season, sweets. Lots of great memories your first time through....I'm so happy for you.

Elisabeth said...

What a great memory!