Monday, December 17, 2007

Glucose Update

Another post?! I know!

I just got off the phone with Fern's nurse, Alex. She said that my numbers came back perfect, though a little on the low side. (Not sure how that qualifies as perfect...)
She said that I measured at 95, which is a little low, which may explain why I have been having dizzy spells (cue Scarlett O'Hara). She said that I really can't go more than a couple of hours without some sort of sugar like carbs or juice, but that my hemoglobin levels are fine and the fact that my glucose measured at 95 is not cause for concern.

I think I got all the terminology right here. Let me know if you see something off.

6 comments:

Katie R. said...

I think that sounds all correct. I think you should also ALWAYS have something with you or near you so you CAN munch throughout the day. No more stunt driving. I was diabetic w/ Anna and the diabetes educator said you can't feel high blood sugar levels but you CAN feel when the levels are low. So eat and munch away little mama.

erin said...

"Little mama." Haha--thanks, Katie. I have added granola bars to my purse and glove compartment.

Elisabeth said...

yay for an excuse to eat carbs! that's fun!

Cara said...

I am so glad that your numbers were not cause for concern. Eat small meals OFTEN! And go heavy on the fruits and veggies--fruits offer a great source of "sugar."

:)

Anonymous said...

Glad the tests were all good. Stashed granola bars are a good thing. You might as well get used to packing a bunch of snacks because in a year and a half or so, you'll be packing them for the little one anyway! LOL!

Katie R. said...

I appreciate your concern for my worry. :)