Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Nursery Weekend

What a wonderful weekend!
My parents came to spend the weekend with me while Richard was out of town, and to help me get the nursery ready for DesvousJunior.
It was an entire weekend of baby! I couldn't be happier than when all the conversation revolves around me. : ) Just kidding. We talked about other stuff, too.
The only thing we still need is a crib, which Dad and Richard will hopefully be able to refinish over Christmas weekend.
I am so thankful to Dad who worked incredibly hard on the paint, and to Kristi who came over to help tape and spackle, and to my mom for keeping us all moving!
I couldn't be more pleased with the results (click on any image to enlarge):


Huh?

Lauren "helping" by occupying Pedro.

Dad (The Painting Guru) working on the first coat.


Kristi & Erin spackling between coats.

Papa Duffert & Erin consolidating paint.




The changing table and ever-present Diaper Genie.
Lamp and dresser that will either turn cherry or lime green sometime in the near future...
You can see that the room is a nursery / Mandi / Papa & Grandma Duffert's room... Note the twin beds on either side of the window.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we still call it "the yellow room" though?
--lsd

Anonymous said...

Glad to know we can still sleep over. It would be much harder to get this kind of work out of us if we had to sleep on the floor. Love you so very much, grandma D

Katie R. said...

How Cute!!! How fun was that?!? Yeah! Thanks for showing pictures. The nursery set is sooo cute. Love it. I hope your baby has many sleep filled nights in their new room.

Cara said...

Awwww.... how cute is that room! I can't wait to see the finishing touches and the baby that gets to occupy it! What did Rich say when he got home???

Anonymous said...

Erin, the room looks great! Thanks for posting the pics.

Anonymous said...

That is so cute! You're ahead of me. The only thing I have out is the changing table, and we just did that yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love it!!

Sarah