Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Week 28
























Kitty is bonding with DesvousJunior already!

This week, my baby has eyelashes (I hope they're like Richard's!) and will turn its head toward a continuous light from the outside. The baby is starting to put on weight for life outside the womb. It weighs 2.5lbs this week, and measures 15.75 inches from crown to heel. (Sophia was 20.25 inches long--baby won't get much longer! Just chubbier! In the last four weeks alone, Baby's weight has doubled.)
At this point, I find it necessary to tell you all that in the amount of time it's taken me to write this much, I finished off an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. I have never been a chocolate--or ice cream--lover, but let's put it this way: Pedro has given up on even looking my way while I'm eating.
Anyhow, Rich and I are signed up to take a weekend childbirth preparation class the second weekend in January and I am looking forward to it.
Other than the fact that I require food every two hours on the dot or I turn into a shaking mess, I don't have a whole lot else to report. : )
Next doctor visit: January 4, 2008.
Time flies when you're having fun!
I keep imagining what our baby will look like, especially since Richard and I look so different. Our features are absolutely nothing alike. Will the baby be dark or fair? Will it have freckles or a beard (only kidding...sort of)? Will it have hair? What color will it be? It's so fun to daydream about this little child poking me in the ribs. It makes the discomfort of not being able to put my shoes and socks on in the morning a little more bearable! More on that later.

8 comments:

angie said...

augh!!! you're SO pregnant!! i love it. :) and no matter what, your babe is going to be beautiful. can't wait to meet the little one!

Anonymous said...

Aw! I love the kitty pic! And I am having a serious craving for Haagen Daas Bailey's ice cream. Gonna have to go get some before the day's out. You know, since regular Bailey's is out of the question. LOL!

BTW - Your comment yesterday about rehab cracked me up! I believe I answered your questions in my latest post, and I posted pics that people have been requesting but am not quite as brave as you are. :o)

Katie R. said...

I'm pretty sure by the time I hit 20weeks I was only wearing slip-ons or flip-flops. If any of your shoes have laces and you're still wearing them, I commend your athleticism.

erin said...

Katie,
It's not the shoes so much as the SOCKS! I can't really skip the socks at this time of year!

zcoffeegirl said...

Quick..paint your toenails and put suplerglue over the color....

You look marvelous....

Carla said...

You look so awesome!! This time 2 years ago I bought clogs and wore them without socks. I would stand in the snow barefoot. Felt sooooo good.

Katie R. said...

Ahhhh....the socks. Although if you get desperate know that you usually feel a lot warmer when you're pregnant, thus Carla in a snowbank with clogs.

Anonymous said...

Socks are the worst! I thought I would pass out before I successfully got mine on this morning! LOL!

And I answered your earlier question on my blog too. :o)