Friday, September 28, 2007

Well that was freaky.

Yesterday morning when I woke up, I noticed that my back was very sore. I didn't pay much attention, though, since I'd only had a coupld hours of sleep and went on my way to work. I left work around 11:30 to pick up lunch for a friend and myself. As I walked to the car, I felt cramping in my lower abdomen. By the time I reached the restaraunt the cramping had gone from tolerable to severe and had traveled from my the top of my hip bone to my bottom rib to and all the way around my back. It was bad enough that I didn't feel that I could stand up. I made it into the restaraunt's bathroom to make sure the cramps were not accompanied by bleeding (they weren't).
I called the nurse at Stillwater and described what I was feeling, fully expecting her to say, "Oh, that's completely normal. Take a deep breath and stop being such a wimp." Instead, she said, "When can you get here?"
I SO did not expect to hear that.
So, I immediately called Richard (bawling), who was picking up his tuxedo for the wedding he's in tonight. He rushed out to meet me at the Stillwater Clinic.
I beat Rich to the clinic, and went straight in to see the doctor. I was still experiencing cramping and feeling uncomfortable, but I was able to walk and move around.
I was very relieved when we were able to hear the baby's heartbeat almost immediately. The heartrate was 156bpm, and my blood pressure was 102/60.
So...they did a bunch of tests to check my blood counts, they checked my urine for any infections in the kidneys or bladder, and checked for any kind of bacterial infection that could be causing the cramping. All the tests came back completely clear.
So, the doc told me to go home, put my feet up so I'd have food circulation, and take it easy.
I went home and slept from 3pm to 10pm. and then from midnight til 10 this morning.
I'm feeling quite a bit better today, though still having some mild cramping in my lower abdomen, and am nursing a nasty cold.
I'm in the "Femur Recliner" watching baby stories on tv.
It's a little discouraging that they don't know what's wrong, but I am very relieved that the baby is fine and healthy.

4 comments:

kristi noser said...

Did they do a urine culture?

Katie R. said...

I'll pray you feel better soon and that your baby stays healthy and strong.

Cara said...

OMG. I am praying for you. Let me know if there is anything that I can do for you. We are in Milwaukee Friday-Sunday, but please let me know how I can help yout through.....

Carla said...

Praying for you, Erin.