Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Judgement

I suffered--nay--endured my first FOOD JUDGEMENT from a waitress tonight.
I was having dinner with my beautiful friend, Sasha (seriously drop-your-fork-when-she-walks-in-the-room-spill-on-yourself beautiful).
When the waitress approached, we mentioned, in fun, that I am pregnant.
We chatted for a minute, and then she asked to take our order.
"I'll have the Greek salad with the tuna fillet," I said.
"Oh...are you sure you should have tuna?" she said.
"I can have it once a week," I replied, surprised but not yet irritated (silly me).
"Well it's not very good if you order it well done, and you'd have to order it well done."
WHAT?!
"Oh. I'll have the grilled chicken. Thanks for caring about me." Wench.
I'm not sure what pisses me off more: the fact that she was mostly right, or the fact that all I can think about now is seared sushi-grade tuna with rice and wasabi-soy sauce.
Or the fact that she really was just being nice.
Gr.

My waitress, you fool!
You were trying to be nice,
but this is trouble!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you! but most of all i love your freckles, i will be forever jealous that god gave you the gift of freckles instead of me.

Anonymous said...

oops sorry, anonymous comment was from me
love sasha

Katie R. said...

I was going to write a list of all the food NOs of pregnancy but, I guess I won't now. Maybe you could eat the contents from a can of Chicken of the Sea? I've heard it's chicken and not tuna. Just a thought.

Carla said...

Let's see the first 15 weeks of pregnancy I consumed only orange popsicles. After that, I ate everything in sight. I am no help here.

Anonymous said...

why didn't you guy's tell me that happened? that's hil-arious..when are we going to the q shop?-D