Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Heartburn, etc.

Ohhhh...if the wive's tale is true, that heartburn leads to a baby with lots of hair, my baby is going to be COVERED.
All I have to do is LOOK at something spicy or vinegar-ey and I get heartburn.
Makes a tough choice when I'm craving hot sauce and crushed red pepper on EVERYTHING I want to eat.
Weird cravings for Week 16:
-Cheerios
-Apples
-Spaghetti (with crushed red pepper, obviously)
-Red slushies from Super America (Rich went out at 9:30 last night to get me one--I didn't ask him to! He was just being nice!)
I don't mind admitting that I've been surviving on these things for a week now. Any kind of meat or protein really turns my stomach. Go figure.

Also, I'm starting to get calcium deposits on my face, which must be from my prenatal vitamins. They look pretty yucky, and I can't get them to go away. I'm open to suggestions.

**New Development**
The Target near my work sells WHITE CHERRY slushies! I can drink them at work and still have white teeth!
YESSSSS!

4 comments:

Cara said...

TUMS are your friend! I downed several bottles with Emma, and I am already into a bottle with this kiddo. I take a couple after each spicy meal, and kazaam, the heartburn is gone. Then I am able to eat whatever my heart desires. Suggestion: get the tropical flavors--they are YUM-O!

Carla said...

Heartburn for all 4 and yes I had some hairy children! I tried Mylanta by the case and Tums but baking soda worked the best for me. Sorry Cara. :)

Naomi said...

ERin, I remember right where you are at-- any meat sounded disgusting. Honey Nut cheerios is one of the foods I have craved throughout my entire pregnancy (Oreos are a close second!) Another thing that sounded good around then was mashed potatos. Love hearing about how things are going!

Anonymous said...

so, yes i may be your only not pregnant friend but i love to talk about food. and i am craving all the same things right now. that is so weird, i really like apple cinamon pancakes. make the pancakes, pour the batter in the pan and then add lots of small thing slices of apple. yum yum. i might have that for dinner. also to make it even easier, i buy the new bisquick just add water and shake thingys and then i add some cinamon also. then i have no mess.
love sasha