Friday, November 2, 2007

Tweener

OK.
I wore my "new" maternity jeans today (read: new as in I bought them two weeks ago and have not yet washed them because I'm afraid they'll shrink), which are really just too short. I was so excited about them initially and now I'm just feeling discouraged and frumpy.
I chose a fitted long-sleeved t-shirt and coordinating cardigan to wear with the jeans in the hopes of looking SOMEWHAT pregnant since my boss made another comment the other day. For some reason I'm desperate to prove that I actually am pregnant. (By the way, wearing jeans to work on a Friday is a MAJOR treat.)
Well, I got to work and discovered that if I wear my jeans low enough to make them long enough, the elasto-band squishes my sides and reveals my belly-button making me look flabby--NOT pregnant.
Is it appropriate to wear an oversized sweatshirt for the rest of the day?
See? Too short.
And yes, I wear crazy shoes.
It took major planning to take this photo. I nearly got caught twice. How would I explain this to my boss or co-workers?

2 comments:

angie said...

eeeeh! (happy noise) i love your shoes! and really, the jeans aren't TOO too short. they're really not bad at all. i wouldn't worry a bit about it.

kristi noser said...

I love those shoes!