Monday, November 12, 2007

What's up?

One of my more troublesome guys called me into his office today to "chat."
He told me to take a seat.
How was I doing? How was the baby? Tell him about quilting.
I couldn't help but wonder, "What does he want?" the entire time.
Turns out, nothing.
I made the comment that I'm almost 6 months pregnant (I know!) "even though you can't really tell," and he said, "No, I can tell. Guys just don't really know what to say so we end up teasing a lot."
I just thought that was so nice.

In week 22, baby weighed-in at 1lb! (That's a package of hamburger meat! Or something less gross...) It measures over 10 inches long from head to heel. Its eyebrows are grown in, and teethbuds are showing beneath the gumline. Its lips and eyes are developed, though the irises of the eyes have not reached their full color potential yet.
I'm actually 23 weeks this week, so I will post more updated statistics later this week. I have another check up appointment on Friday afternoon.


4 comments:

Mandi said...

Aww, that WAS a nice thing for him to say! You need to post a picture for this week. I guess I can just see for myself on Friday/Saturday. Speaking of which, I have a sneaky suspicion I'm starting the Friday game!

Anonymous said...

A guy not knowing what to say? Strange. LOL!

I just got an e-mail yesterday telling me that I'm 30 weeks pregnant. So funny - they e-mail the weekly announcement like I might have forgotten. :o)

Anonymous said...

Wow, time is flying! You look great. Has Rich felt the baby move yet?

Sarah

Carla said...

Baby is growing big! How big? Soooooooo big. You might want to practice that.