Saturday, November 17, 2007

23 Weeks

This photo was taken on the last day of my 23rd week, so I am not sure it's quite fair to call this my 23 week photo. Oh well!

I had my 23-week check up yesterday afternoon, and everything went great. I'm sure I'll regret saying this later, but Fern rejoiced (laughingly) to see that I am starting to gain weight! Finally! Ask me again in a month if I'm thankful... At this point, I've gained a total of seven pounds. 6 months along and only 7lbs? I'll take it. My bp was 120/62, the fundal height was 24cm (whatever that means), DesvousJunior's heart rate is still in the mid 140s, and everything looks great. Fern really put some of my concerns to rest (i.e. that I'm not getting enough protein and that my one caffienated beverage per day is going to kill my baby). She was very patient with me in going over my questions.

All in all, a very good visit.

My next appointment is on December 14th at 11am. Where we will be doing my glucose test. I really can't believe how fast this is going.

Thank goodness my nursery set arrived in the mail. Now I feel like I can start to really get ready!

7 comments:

Katie R. said...

Fundal height, correct me if I'm wrong Kristi, measures how far "up" your uterus has gotten. The measurment usually corresponds to your week of pregnancy. It's an external measurement the doctors/midwives can use to check if the baby's growth and amniotic fluid level are where they should be.

If you knew that and were just joking, I apologize.

Sounds like your pregnancy is going really well and that you were made to have babies, how many are you guys having? (This is another comment for your book, I wasn't serious)

erin said...

Thanks, Katie! I didn't know that. : )
Our "plan?" We'd like to have two babies and adopt a third.
Who knows what God has planned, though!

kristi noser said...

Katie gets an A+.

zcoffeegirl said...

Way to go, Katie. She hunts AND knows all kinds of other cool stuff. I'm impressed.
Love the earrings, Erin.

Katie R. said...

Erin, I was SO kidding on my question. It was purely something for the book I'm waiting for you to write. I would never ask that question and mean it...unless I knew ya better. :)

Naomi said...

7 lbs!? Way to go girl! That is amazing! You look FABULOUS!! Which nursery set did you end up with? Did you get the one from the galleria or elsewhere? I can't wait to see it. I would love to come help you set up the nursery if you want any (help)! Love you! You look great.

Carla said...

I have gained 7 pounds in the last 6 months too. Sweet.