Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Not Yet

I find myself repeating the same lines to different people.
"I'm almost 6 months pregnant!"
"I know, I can hardly believe it myself."
"I'm feeling really great, thanks!"
"I feel human again now that I'm in my second trimester."
"Ha. Ha. I know it doesn't show, but I can feel it flopping arond all the time." (This one in particular is getting pretty old.)
So, today, I said one I've been saying over and over to a woman I only talk to every once in a while:
"It just occurred to me this week that I'm almost 6 months along and I'm not ready!"
She said, "You're not?! Yikes. You'd better get to work!"

Um, thanks.

6 comments:

Katie R. said...

I have a great idea! With all the extra time you'll have once the baby is born you could compile a book about all the stupid things people say to pregnant mamas.


ps I give you permission to use my last statement in your book. :)

Carla said...

I'll help you write it.
Let's see
Kiss your sleep goodbye.
Your body will never be the same.
Better take a vacation cause you won't ever get the chance again.
You're huge.
How many puppies are you gonna have?!

zcoffeegirl said...

Don't forget this one..is he/she a good baby?

Anonymous said...

Then there's always:
They're a lot easier to take care of in there.
Are you going to have an epidural? (Answer: YES.)
You don't want to go natural? (Answer: If the kid comes out the way it's supposed to, then it's natural.)

I am in panic mode knowing that the baby will be here in less than 9 weeks. And I have nothing done.

Carla said...

jenny,
That is the beauty of "nesting." :)

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. I am totally not ready!!!

My favorite line that I keep repeating to people is, "Yes, I'm sure there's only one."

Can I help wiht the book, too??

Sarah