Thursday, November 1, 2007

Stronger

DesvousJunior's movements are getting a lot stronger.
I keep thinking my stomach is falling out, when really it's just a strong movement. Weird, huh?
Baby is the size of a large banana or carrot, which seems awfully skinny to me...
It weighs 3/4 lbs and is about 10 inches long from head to heel.


















I'm feeling very good these days (aside from my little neck issue) and am enjoying pregnancy quite a lot, though I find myself longing for the good old days when I wasn't "showing" and nobody cared if I drank a caffienated beverage, ate a soft cheese, or an extra piece of candy.

My conversations go like this:
Them: Do you know that has caffiene in it?
Me: Yes, I'm allowed to have up to 350mg of caffeine per day.

Them: Should you be eating that? It comes with blue cheese.
Me: It's pasteurized. I checked.

Them: Tuna for lunch? I thought that was off limits.
Me: Once a week is fine.

Them: Another coke? Are you sure you should do that?
Me: I want my baby to have a low birthweight. I stopped smoking last week. What else do you want from me??

I could go on.
Obviously, I don't want my child to have a low birthweight...answering that way usually stops people in their tracks. I KNOW it's only going to get worse from here, but some days I get really tired of everyone's "help."

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! When I was pregnant and working, I got all those questions too - especially about the caffeine. I kept saying, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I have one soda a day. Seriously!

I dream of the days I wasn't showing too. In the last two weeks, the skin right below my ribs has gone numb because the baby is pushing up so high. It happened with my daughter too, and the feeling didn't come back until she was about 4-5 months old. Oh the joys... :o)

kristi noser said...

Erin's list of pregancy responses:

"Should you be eating that?"
"Huh?"
"That cheese, are you sure?"
"What cheese?"
"The cheese you're eating!"
"Sorry, I can't hear you."

"Should you have caffiene?"
"Huh?"
"The Coke, it has caffiene."
"What?"


Practice a bit, you'll get good at it.

theswamphare said...

reckon it's about time you got 'vittled-up' over here at the 'Jackalope Ranch and Brewery' again; what'll ya's have?

Swampy-Rah

zcoffeegirl said...

What is wrong with soft cheese..is this something new?

Scholar and Sailor said...

Did no one ever contemplate the value of a relaxed, happy, satisfied expecting mum? I'm sure I read that's good for the baby, too! :)

But I like the feigned deafness approach - that's the best! Also works with crazies on the bus - a useful skill.

Anonymous said...

Erin, Next time tell them it is a good thing I am not having this baby on the Oregon Trail. Oh how did your mother and I have such happy and healthy children? By the way Coffee and Chocolate are lifes blood. Wine and good cheese are a must. Your mom and I will eat your share until you can come back from the dark side. ;) Happy Trails. MOM II