Monday, November 26, 2007

Doubtful

Just when I start to doubt myself and my future parenting skills, or patience, or energy, God uses something fun to give me the confidence I need in myself.
Like this little man, Easton James, my cousin's little boy.

I had such a blast spending the weekend with him.
Shredding documents found in Grandma's basement. The photo didn't turn out very well, but you get the idea.
The aftermath.
Normally this sort of thing would give me a stroke, but instead (after a moment's panic, I admit)I found it highly amusing. And hey, it kept him busy.
All in all, spending time with this dolly made me very excited for my own baby to arrive.
Thanks, E-man. Love you.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

You have mad parenting skills and don't even now it yet. Can't wait to see you in action. Just remember the key ingredient is peanut butter.

Anonymous said...

Awww! So cute.

Turst me, you quickly learn to pick your battles. If they're cute AND happy, you don't mind cleaning up a mess that would have given you palpitations BC (before children).

Don't worry, you'll be great!!

Cara said...

Awwww. I am so glad that you got to practice. I think you are going to make a wonderful Mother, but if you ever want to practice more, Em would love to come over!!!

:)

Carla said...

I have 2 boys you can borrow anytime.