Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Let it be known:

Naomi is posting weekly how she feels as her pregnancy progresses. You might have noticed that I'm not doing that. Here's why:
I feel like crap.
All the time.
I don't need to tell you once a week, interweb, that I feel lousy.
I guess I should mention how I feel at least once, though, since this is serving as a baby book type thingy for my children.
So there.
I am counting the days until I am in the second trimester and will hopefully start to feel better, but as I start Week 11, I have low hopes. I am dizzy and nauseous, my stomach hurts ALL. THE. TIME. If I don't eat regularly (which is the last thing I want to do), I get more dizzy and nauseous. My hips and thighs ache. My nose, as previously mentioned, is on hyperdrive, I cry at commercials, gameshows and sitcoms, and I can't sleep at night time. During the day, should you appear without calling, if--and that's a big, fat IF--I answer the door, I will most likely have just gotten up from a near-permanent prone position on the couch (which, incidentally, my feet hang off the end--it's a pitiful sight). Coca-Cola, my former BFF, makes me unbelievably sick and gassy. Oh, and can we talk about GAS? This AIR that is trapped in my body? WHERE IS IT COMING FROM??? I think Richard is contemplating moving in with Shirley Jean. I can't say I blame him.
And on top of it all, I struggle daily with the fear of failing at mothering not one, but TWO children.
Feel sorry for me, interweb.
In happier news, this week, BittyWee can open and close his/her fists, his/her bones are beginning to harden and s/he is forming tooth buds that (God willing) will not appear in Baby's mouth until s/he is about 6 months old. Keep your fingers crossed. BittyWee measures 1.5 inches, about the size of a fig. I'm gonna go out and buy a fig this week, so I can hold it in my hand.

Craving of the week: Gas-X.

6 comments:

Kara Jo said...

Oh sweetie! I should bring a meal over for you like you did for me last summer. :) I'll try to call you soon.

For what it's worth, you are a terrific mom, and with God's grace, you are going to do a good job with this next little one as well. I have confidence in you Erin.

Jolene said...

Erin - I wish I was closer; I'd love to help you through this. And I promise you will get through this. I'm terribly sorry you're feeling so miserable though. It sucks to feel like a stranger in your own body :(

Please try not to be afraid of mothering two children. No one will deny that it's hard work (and more amazing than one can imagine) - but we all believe in you and when you need help getting through the hard days, we'll be here to uplift you!

God bless you, friend. Hang in there!

Carla said...

You will be coming over next week to lay on my couch. Shirley Jean, Tims and I will be at the park if you need us.

Rebecca M. said...

sorry to hear you're having a rough time. I've been there, it's no fun. You will get through this.

Word to the wise... don't eat the fig. Every week I would find out what sized food product my baby most resembled and once, I was eating a sesame bagel... the same day my little one was the size of a sesame seed. Sort of felt cannibalistic. Just sayin'

Unknown said...

You certainly will not fail your children! I know it's hard to feel optimistic when every moment is physically miserable right now. Hang in there. Scream into a pillow if you have to. Throw a hair brush at the wall. Do whatever you need to do to get through these days.

Katie R. said...

Go lay on Carla's couch, PLEASE! You can do this and you ARE doing this well. I believe in you.