Monday, September 28, 2009

Housework

Is your child a little ray of sunshine [with daddy] but a thundercloud when you show up on the scene? Try not to get upset by these end-of-day meltdowns. They're signs of true love: Your toddler knows that it's safe to let out all of his pent-up feelings around you.
Thanks for the encouragement, BabyCenter.
If only I had read this little tidbit BEFORE Shirley Jean tried to lay down in the middle of a busy parking lot this morning. Why? I have no idea, other than that she didn't want to hold my hand. Silly me for thinking she might want to walk like a big girl.
I don't wish to complain (that much), but my child is pushing every button she can find! This afternoon she decided she didn't want to eat her peaches so she dumped them, unceremoniously, on the freshly-mopped floor.
At least she will learn how to do housework early...she thought picking up peaches off the floor was great fun. If only I could adopt her cheery attitude about housework!

2 comments:

Jolene said...

Erin! You had me laughing. Thanks. Oh kids.
I LOVED seeing you and SJ yesterday! Thanks again for bringing her and hanging out with us.

angie said...

haha oh man. oh man. i love that you had her pick up the peaches. what a smart mama you are! i'll have to remember that one. hopefully my babies will be less inclined to enjoy it so much. :)