Monday, September 27, 2010

Major Milestone

Well...It's happened. My children have successfully transitioned into their "big beds." This milestone was really difficult for me (again). Richard stayed in the bassinet beside my bed much longer than Shirley ever did, despite his enormity, because I didn't want to have to battle Shirley to stay in bed when she may not--ahem--want to go to bed. So far, it hasn't really been a problem.
Well, one night comes to mind... Our bedrooms are connected by French doors. Richard put Shirley in her big bed, and came out her bedroom door. Moments later, she emerged from our bedroom door. He circled back around and put her back in her bed and came out through our room. She followed through her own bedroom door. It went on like this for a few more minutes until Richard had had enough and made his point clear. I watched the whole thing from the couch--it was like watching "Laurel and Hardy Go to Bed."
Overall, however, the whole transition has gone very well. I still have the bassinet at my bedside, though, because I miss my little boy. Isn't that silly?

I think it's important to note that SJ sleeps with her head at the wrong end of the bed--in the same direction as when she was in her crib. I think her feng shui is off, otherwise.Woke him up with the flash...oops.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Maybe you should flip Richard around in the crib, so he doesn't have to sleep upside down eventually in his big boy bed! :)

Glad the transition went well!!

erin said...

I was thinking the same thing, but it would be hard, because I hold him in my left arm. (It's why my left arm is twice the size of my tiny, emaciated right arm.)