Friday, June 27, 2008

Big Girl Bed


I had myself a little cry tonight as my daughter put herself to sleep in her Big Girl Bed.

I know three months have gone by, because I have the photos to prove it, but when did she get so big? I knew it was time to move her into her own room when she rolled over in her bassinet and got stuck. Even though she's only three more feet away from me, this is a milestone for which I just wasn't ready. : (
We've had two major developments this week, however. On Wednesday, I saw her deliberately reach out for her taggy blanket! Then starting yesterday, every time I lay her on her tummy, she rolls over!
Before I know it, she'll be walking...and then married!
Slow down, Time!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are both such big girls! Way to go mom. Your first step towards her independence!Yes she will continue to change and grow every day so love this day and look forward to the wonderful things to com. Love, your friend and your mom.

Cara said...

Amen, Erin's Mom. Josh and I ALWAYS say that it can't get ANY better. And then it does. Each new stage is SO MUCH better than the last! Enjoy your beautiful girl.

kristi noser said...

You and John should get together and go bowling.

He looks at Eli and says to me, "Wasn't it just three days ago he was in a crib?"

Kara Jo said...

Oh my goodness. Each milestone can be so bittersweet, can't it?

NoOtherName said...

I remember finding Jay with the bassinet tilted on its side after he'd wiggled the pin out of its spot and his little arms hanging out. Then I knew I needed to upgrade his sleeping accomodations! Didn't make it too much easier, though.

With each baby I've become a bit less psycho-sentimental, which has helped me enjoy them where they are. With Cait I remember promising to myself (as she turned one day old) that I would not mourn her getting older, but would just cherish her for who she is today. I do pretty well at that, but not always.

You are one great mom, Erin--just keep squeezin' her baby sweetness!