Thursday, June 5, 2008

We hate mornings around here.


Little SJ usually wakes up around 7am, wanting to be fed and changed, and then settles back down to sleep until at least 9am. So, this morning, nothing was out of the ordinary. EXCEPT that Shirley Jean settled back to sleep almost instantly when I started nursing her. So....instead of burping her (against my better judgement), I laid her back in her bassinet and went soundly back to sleep myself.
At about 9, I changed and nursed a surprisingly fussy little girl.
When I lifted her to my shoulder to burp, I was pleased to hear a big one.
And then I felt something warm run DOWN. MY. BACK.
Oh, and wait.
In my hair.
All over my pillow.
All over the sheets.
I wiped everything off and got dressed. Then I brushed out my solidified hair.
Whatever.
I think part of being a mommy is that you smell like barf most of the time.
Still, there's nothing like a little barf in your butt-crack first thing in the morning, right?

5 comments:

Jolene said...

LOL! Oh dear... I especially could appreciate the brushing hair part - too funny! (Well funny, now - now that it's over and you've had a chance to shower ((maybe))).

Anonymous said...

Fantastic.

Carla said...

Can I comment if my name doesn't start with J?

I heart SJ!

angie said...

oh, erin, that's ... disgusting.

Kara Jo said...

Ha! Oh man.