Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Reaching Out

SJ is growing increasingly more fascinated with our animals. She STARES at the Kitty, and then tries to make her fingers grab for him. He stays away from her for the most part, but I fear she will one day (soon) get scratched. Sigh...it's a part of life, I suppose.
Pedro is much more patient with our budding explorer. If I lay on the floor near the baby, he always wants to join us. Shirley Jean reached out to touch him, but realized her arms were too short. So she reached out with her feet!
She is a little too smart, I think. : )
Also, she reached out for me today when I got home from VBS. What a wonderful feeling!
Here she is trying to reach her puppy:

8 comments:

Mandi said...

They're the same size! This might be a new wrestling match emerging that Kitty does not want to be a part of anymore.

kristi noser said...

I think that's the cutest blanket I have EVER seen.
Oh, there's a baby in those pictures?

Kara Jo said...

She reached out with her feet! Too cute.

Anonymous said...

I'll be over with Mandi for the wrestling matches. Rich will make his famous popcorn. Somebody get the video camera, this is gonna be good.

Jolene said...

so, so cute! do they get close enough for her to pet him very often? how does she handle the fur (pet/pull/grab/tickle her fingers)?

Unknown said...

Before you know it she will be crawling! Isabelle crawled for the first time last night and pulled herself up on the side of her crib! I am still in a state of shock at how fast the time goes! SJ is beautiful and truly a blessed child to have such wonderful caring parents!

erin said...

Jessica, I'm so glad you're here. Consider yourself cyber-hugged! (And I don't even like to hug!)

Mandi said...

Hey I see your toe in the 2nd picture. Good color choice!