Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pump it Up!

I've had to "pump" much more often than usual this week due to the rigors of VBS. Since SJ has been in the nursery, it has been necessary to have at least six ounces available for the superfantastic, AWESOME nursery workers. So...I've been pumping. A lot.
But here's the thing: I hate my breast pump.
I hate pumping.
It is the most unpleasant, uncomfortable experience I can imagine.
And it's embarrassing.
AND if I'm not home alone when I pump, I get to hear things like, "Your left one's a slacker," or "Go for six!"

5 comments:

Mandi said...

LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Better a slacker than a sagger.

erin said...

Anon-LOL!!

Cara said...

Erin,
I whole-heartedly feel your pain. I have resorted to almost solely pumping, except an occasional early morning breastfeeding session. I do it four times a day, everyday, and not only for my husband to onlook, but also my officemate at work. I cannot wait to be done, but if I follow the same standards as I did with Emma, I still have ONE YEAR OF PUMPING TO GO.

You can get all the sympathy from me that you need.....

Jodi said...

You can get sympathy from me too. When I'm working, I have to pump in my STORAGE ROOM. That's the most private place to go.