Monday, April 21, 2008

With Sadness




My Sweet Angel,
I love you with sadness and joy.
Sadness because I can feel you slipping away from me already, and joy because in you I can see the glory of God.
My heart is torn between the excitement of watching you grow and the agony of change.
I can't sleep at night, because it's at night that you change the most. I lie awake while you are sleeping and think about you and watch you dreaming about heaven as it grows more and more distant from your memory with each moment. I can sleep when I am dead.
While you are sleeping I pray for you, my darling. I pray for your future--your husband, the woman you will become, the mother you will one day be.
I pray that God will touch your heart as you sleep here in my lap and that He will walk with you as you grow and change as His creation.
I love you, my little girl.
Love,
Mama

16 comments:

Carla said...

Precious, sweet baby! Beautiful prayers, Mommy! Love you!

Unknown said...

very touching...love the photos.

angie said...

this is incredibly beautiful, erin. i love your words. and what a stunning baby you have!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful. You are a wonderful mom, Erin!

kristi noser said...

yeah, and then some. Beautiful. You some kinda writer or something?

Anonymous said...

You made your mom cry at her desk in her lunch! You are a wonderful mom. I love watching you become the woman and mother that God made you to be. He answered by prayers for you, he will be faithful to answer yours too. lovemom

Jolene said...

beautiful.
simply beautiful.

Kara Jo said...

Precious, tender photos and precious tender sentiments. Glad you are savoring the moments, Erin.

Where did you have the pics done?

Sarah said...

Erin, You made me cry, too. Shirley is so blessed to have you as a mama and I am so blessed to have you as a friend. I love you and sweet little Shirley!

Cara said...

ADORABLE pictures. Precious words. You are amazing..... Love you!

Naomi said...

Tears brim in my eyes. What precious moments captured forever. I love your vulnerable prayer for Shirley. You have captured the deep swelling emotion of a mother's heart bursting with love. Thank you so much for sharing your photos and your heart.

Jodi said...

I'm speechless.

Katie R. said...

Precious. Beautiful.

kristi noser said...

That second picture makes me chuckle every time I see it. How flippin' cute is she?

Michelle M said...

Those are awesome photos, Erin. Great keepsakes. I am so glad you are so happy with your beautiful baby girl :)

The Hieroglyphs said...

U dont know me, and i found ur blog by mere chance. U said what I have been feeling since I had my boy. He is not one year yet, but I already miss his earlier days, and fear what is to come.

Thank u for writing my "poem".