Friday, August 20, 2010

What happened to my snuggly little infant??

I know! He was replaced by the sweetest, rolliest, polliest "little" baby who rewards even the briefest eye contact with the most enormous smile.

My sweetie boy is getting big so fast!!
He has figured out that if he rolls over twice, he can change locations completely. What's even more impressive is that just yesterday, I looked up to see him up on his elbows and knees, rocking back and forth. Need I remind you, RICHARD IS ONLY FOUR! MONTHS! OLD! Granted, his head is still firmly planted on the ground, but we're not all that far off from real locomotion. I AM NOT READY FOR THIS!!
Thinking about crawling.
At his four month check up today, he weighed 17 pounds! (Just for the sake of comparison, at her four-month check, Shirley weighed 15lbs, 6oz.) Measuring at 26 inches, it is CONFIRMED: Baby Richard is enormous! I knew he was big, but I couldn't believe it when the nurse read his weight out.
Look at this tough guy:

I am so proud of my big, growing boy! I love watching him learn every day--he gets frustrated and fussy if his sister moves out of his eyeline. I assure him that next summer he'll be hitting her with a stick, just like he wants to now. Oh, I love him so. How could you NOT?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I see a linebacker or hockey player in your future.

Kara Jo said...

Erin, he's just as yummy as ever! Love the bath photo. (Good modesty work with the washcloth, too.)

Jolene said...

I think Kara Jo said it just right- YUMMY :) He is too cute. Give him a squeeze for me pleeze. ;)