Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Big Bird for a Big Girl



Shirley Jean has had some pretty major successes on the potty lately. I told her that if she keeps going potty on the potty chair through the rest of today that we'll go to the store alone together and she can pick out whatever kind of big girl underpants she wants. I told her she could get Cinderella underpants, or Elmo, or Zoe, or Abby Cadabby, or even Nemo.
You know what she wants? She wants BIG BIRD underpants.
What do you think the odds are that I'll be able to find little girl Big Bird underpants? Pretty slim, I'd say. I'm hoping when we get to the store she'll be so excited that she'll just forget all about Big Bird.

*UPDATE*

Sure enough, as soon as we got to the store Big Bird flew out the window (haha). We came home with a package of Princess Panties, also known as "'Rella Pants-on!" Here's hoping we are one thin layer of cotton closer to success.

*UPDATE*

Shirley has peed through four of the seven pairs of underpants we bought an hour ago. Perhaps we should stop talking about going potty so much.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Yeah, we had that problem too. Someone told me to put the underwear on under a diaper. Then she'll feel the wetness (and hopefully hate it) but not have a mess. I have yet to try it. Let me know if you come up with any tricks, I suddenly got VERY tired of diapers today...

Kara Jo said...

ROTFL!