Friday, August 20, 2010

Dedication Day

Dedication Day is a hard one for me. It's very difficult to stand up and say, "Ok, God. He's yours, not mine. I will do my best, but I trust you with him." Because, I'll tell you a secret: I don't really trust God. I'm trying. Believe me. But sometimes all I want to do is huddle in a corner, holding my babies close to me and protect them from everything.
Instead, we dedicate our children to God, and commit to raising them in the ways of the Lord and prayerfully nurture them, while providing for their material and spiritual needs. A tall order, no?
On July 18, 2010, we had the honor of dedicating Richard Joseph, Jr., to God, publically, in front of our church and family. What a blessing, God has given us in this sweet child.





1 comment:

Carla said...

Thank you for your honesty, sweets. I struggle with trusting God too.