Thursday, April 8, 2010

WHAT are you dreaming about??

The other night, I snuck into Shirley's room to get more diapers for Baby Richard. I'm glad I did because I found SJ completely naked under her covers. I tried to re-dress her without pulling her out of her crib, but to no avail. I finally had to lift her out to the changing table. She woke up just enough to hold her legs in the air for her re-diapering. When I stood her up to pull her pants up, she grabbed my face, looked me square in the eye and told me she was gonna "POUND THE ROCK." Then she put her head down on my shoulder and went straight back to sleep.
Apparently to "pound the rock" means to run the football down the field. This leads me to two conclusions: apparently Daddy has been teaching SJ a new language...and we had a little boy not a moment too soon.

6 comments:

angie said...

oh my gosh! HAHAHA that is really pretty wonderful. i think if it had happened to me, i would have been not a little startled. but at least you know she's sleeping hard, right?

kathaleend said...

Laughing out loud now!

Kara Jo said...

I am so laughing out loud too.

Unknown said...

Wow, that's so completely random! I love it.

NoOtherName said...

Love this story, Erin! And look at that little girl! Congrats on beautiful baby Bairn as well!

Anonymous said...

So, did the nudity indicate she was streaking down the football field to "pound the rock"? What a great memory you'll have!

Bia