Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Two Week Check

Last Monday was Baby Richard's two-week check up (I'm late, I know...sorry.).
I am VERY pleased to say that when we left the hospital on March 31, he weighed 7lbs 15oz. Two weeks later, he weighed 9lbs 5oz! There is literally no better affirmation for a mommy than a growing child.
The doctor visit went very well and I got all my questions answered. It's amazing how much you FORGET in two years!
We are now fully into baby acne and goopy eye mode. I remember having these weeks with Shirley Jean, but he doesn't look very pretty right now.
He is also too big for most of his newborn-sized clothes and already wearing 0-3 month sizes. On the one hand I am proud that he is so healthy, but on the other hand, I wish he would stay tiny just a little longer. He, surprisingly, doesn't hate tummy time the way SJ did. He seems to get a kick out of laying on his tummy and looking around. He lifts and turns his head to check out his surroundings.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Way to go, momma!

Anonymous said...

Wow! He's strong! I don't remember my babies lifting their heads that early. I know what you mean, though, about not wanting him to get big too quickly but yet being so proud and happy about how he's growing. You're blessed!

Laurie S.