Thursday, March 25, 2010

Waiting

Waiting
Dear baby, here beneath my heart,
I thought that you might come today;
The timing just seemed right.
But the stars are out
And the moon is high
And sheepishly I wonder why
I try to arrange the plans of God.
For now I know
You will not come until the One
Who holds eternity rustles your soft cocoon
and whispers in tones that I will not hear,
"It's time, precious gift.
Now, it's time."

-Robin Jones Gunn

A very sweet friend sent this poem to me today, on MY DUE DATE! :) It brings tears to my eyes.
Fern is still worried about my blood pressure, so we are going in tomorrow morning, early, to do a non-stress test and re-check my BP and cervix and to discuss whether or not we need to take some sort of action. I covet your prayers about this, my friends. I am conflicted as to what the best thing is. Obviously, we will do what is best and safest for BittyWee, but making these decisions is hard on this hormonal mommy.

4 comments:

angie said...

oh erin, i am praying for you. i don't envy you that tough decision--instead i will hope that things begin to happen naturally before you have to decide! is that fair?
also, what a beautiful poem. isn't it sometimes shocking to hear someone else speak your heart?

Jolene said...

How perfect and beautiful are those words. I will be praying for you, dear; and your sweet child who will soon meet the world. God bless you with the peace you covet and the reassurance that you are in good hands.

Jamie said...

Erin - what you are saying is all too fresh in my memory, as we faced a similar decision with Carson and Keira. Those decisions are never easy. Try not to worry, things will be just fine. You are in my prayers!

Kara Jo said...

Continuing to pray for peace, wisdom, calm rest, and grace for the waiting. Though we know His timing is perfect, this stage can be oh so hard. You've done great Erin. Hugs to you