Friday, March 19, 2010

39: Moving right along...

Where will SJ sit once BittyWee arrives??


Well...I'm ready to be done.
What a winter.
This week, they say BittyWee weighs over seven pounds, and let me tell you, I can feel every ounce of it. I'm almost to that point where the misery of the last weeks of pregnancy outweighs the fear of going into labor.
In the last month, I've been pretty doggone sick. I picked up some sort of a virus at the hospital where Gram was, which turned into bronchitis. That was a month ago. I still am not fully recovered. The worst part? MY RIBS! I have at least two ribs out from coughing and sneezing, which make the prospect of pushing a baby out pretty terrifying.
At my doctor appointment today, I learned that I am 3cm dilated, but that my blood pressure is high. Over the last 38 weeks, I've been around 120/60 or lower, but this morning it was 154/86. Yikes! I also have "trace amounts" of protein in my urine. What's probably going on is that: 1. I'm 39 weeks pregnant and my kidneys are "tired." 2. Cold medicines are making my BP rise. 3. Being sick at all apparently elevates one's BP.
I had originally scheduled my 40-week check for Friday, but Fern wants me to come back on Tuesday, or if my water breaks. (HA! As if I'd just say, "Oh, wow. My water broke. I guess I'll see Fern on Tuesday.")
So...that's everything I know. I'm praying to get. over. this. cold. before I go into labor. Honestly, I don't know how people deal with chronic pain. This rib/back pain is seriously starting to bum me out.
As you know, we spent most of the day at the MOA yesterday, and I thought for sure that would give me some contractions, but if I'm having them, I'm not feeling them. Which is fine with me, especially since I'm another centimeter dilated than I was last week. I'll take any progress I can get without doing the "work" for it.

7 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm praying you get over your cold too! I had one when I delivered Gracie, and they made me stay in the hospital longer because of it.

Jamie said...

I'm so excited for you Erin! You're almost there! I totally remember thinking the same thing about people with chronic pain and then I would feel like a complete whiner knowing that my pain would eventually go away. Anyway, hang in there!

Kara Jo said...

Oh man Erin, you sound pretty miserable. :( Hooray for 3 cm, though! Praying you have a super labor & delivery. Hoping waterbirth is a good experience for you, too. :)

Jolene said...

Awesome update. I'm glad your little one held out 'til Shirley's bday :) So exciting - this last little stretch. We'll be praying for a safe delivery and less discomfort for you these last few days or so! ((hugs!))

angie said...

eeeeeh! any minute now! i mean, right? gosh, i am so excited for you. you've been a trooper, but enough is enough. come ON, bittywee!

Lauren said...

i hope SJ doesn't continue to sit ON the baby once Bitty Wee arrives!! ;)

erin said...

Lauren, you and me both.