Monday, March 17, 2008

Week 41

What's to say? The kid is huge.

Haha.

Actually, I just got home from an encouraging appointment. I had to go in for a stress test for the baby, and it sounds like it is doing just fine in its "overdue environment." The heart rate was strong, my BP was very good and I have gained another two pounds, which I am convinced is ALL. WATER. (I'm down to one pair of shoes that I can get on. I'm going to have to start wearing Richard's soon...) While I was on the monitor we discovered that I was having contractions EXACTLY six minutes apart.
From there, Fern stripped my membranes, which makes me very hopeful because if I was contracting regularly before she did that, maybe it'll kick us into high gear. Or maybe it'll fizzle out and I'll be disappointed again.
I have another stress test scheduled for Thursday morning at 7:15 (ugh!) and an ultrasound scheduled for Friday afternoon. I'm excited about this prospect becuase I've been hoping for another ultrasound!

My goals for today:
-Get the house put back together just the way I like it in case the neighbors have to come let the dog out before any family can get here to take care of him.
-50 squat thrusts.
-Go for a run.
-Wrestle an alligator.
-Chop wood.
-Nap.

10 comments:

Jolene said...

Have fun with the alligator!
Here's hopin' & prayin'!

Carla said...

Nap. I will try get one for myself and dedicate it to you.

Jodi said...

Here's hoping you won't need any of those appointments!

Naomi said...

We are praying and rooting you on here Erin!

Anonymous said...

Take the nap first, Erin.

Unknown said...

How did the alligator wrestling turn out?

Katie R. said...

...sigh

Anonymous said...

Oh, I never tried the alligator wrestling!! Let me know if it works. I did help my hubby unload and stack 220 bales of hay when I was 38 weeks pregnant with Peaches. It didn't work.

Regular contractions are good!! Six minutes apart - not bad!

Hoping you're next post is baby pics and stats...

Jolene said...

CONGRATULATIONS ERIN & RICHARD

Welcome, little one!!

NoOtherName said...

I'm wondering if number 3 on this list is code for number 4 on the list from your last post?

:)