Friday, August 17, 2007

wooshwooshwooshwoosh

To quote a very good friend, "I heard my baby's heartbeat today. Best day of my life."
I couldn't even speak when I heard that tiny "wooshwooshwooshwoosh." Rich got pretty excited and said, "It's so fast! Is that normal?"
I recorded the heartbeat with my phone and it's set as my ring tone now. Every time I hear it, my stomach flips!
I guess we're really doing this!

We discovered another interesting bit of information at our appointment.
Until this morning I believed that I was turning 10 weeks today...turns out, I'll be turning 11 weeks on Sunday!
I said, "What?!? I just lost a week! I have a lot of reading to do!"
So that's pretty exciting!

In week 10, Baby is the size of a small plum. All of its organs are formed, its fingers and toes are completely formed and starting to grow finger and toenails. His eyelids are also formed and will remain fused until week 27. Prett cool, eh?

9 comments:

Katie R. said...

The wooshing is an excellent sound. What an exciting time for you both.

theswamphare said...

When I first heard Timmy's heartbeat I thought "That sounds like a ships' propellers, when you're scuba-diving."

kristi noser said...

That's so weird, Mark, that's just what I thought too!

kristi noser said...

oh wait, maybe not.

Naomi said...

Erin, SO COOL to watch you go through this too! It was only a matter of weeks ago that I was at the place you are now. Isn't that tiny little sound, the best sound you have ever heard?! I am so happy that Rich got to go with you and hear it too. I am so happy and excited for you both! Love you to death!

Reegz said...

Congrats! Exciting! I love first baby stories! Bring 'em on! I saw you wrote "his." You don't actually know this though right?

kristi noser said...

Erin, thanks for the call to let me know all is well. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Carla said...

Oh, YAY! One of the best sounds in the world!!

NoOtherName said...

Erin-
BIG YAY! Congrats! To read your description of hearing your baby for the first time was awesome! I am so excited for you two!