Monday, August 27, 2007

And so it begins...

I just went to the cafeteria for breakfast. Usually, I grab a bagel and cream cheese or if the "hot" option looks good, I'll pick that up. I've NEVER been a big breakfast eater. In fact, eating breakfast usually turns my stomach.
Until now.
I bought two breakfast eggrolls (a 3M rarety, but very popular). As I held the tongs in my hand I thought, "Should I get 3?"
Visions of gaining more than my allotted 25-35lbs flashed through my mind and I only purchased two.
Now I'm sitting here, I have no idea what happened to my two eggrolls (though the dish is empty), and I'm ready for breakfast.
I entered Week 12 yesterday, and it seems that with the end of the first trimester, my appetite is returning. As of my first Doctor's Visit, I had lost a total of 8lbs (thought you wouldn't guess it from my expanding waistline), perhaps my weight deficit will begin to disappear soon.
Nobody really warns you how your body changes in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy, other than the obvious breastular changes. Nobody told me that my waistline would COMPLETELY disappear and I would begin resemble a square block of flesh. If it wasn't for the aforementioned breastular changes, I would just look like a 13-year-old boy.
This is why there haven't been photos yet. Nobody wants to see a 13-year-old boy with out-of-control breasts.
CanIgettaAmen?

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Nobody wants to see a 13-year-old boy with out-of-control breasts.

Does that sound stupid to you? Why no, no it doesn't. No one wants to see that!

No one tells you about much of pregnancy because it's so different for everyone. Back in the day -- the dark ages when your mom and I were having babies -- people didn't tell hardly anyone they were pregnant much before 12 weeks.

I'm sure you look beautiful. All pregnant women do when you love them. HUG!

theswamphare said...

Woot!

My best friend married a slim Filipino girl; he didn't find the humor in one of our guests mistaking his wife for another guests' daughter and thinking he was some creepy, older guy who was hitting on her.

When they were where you are, he was delighted to find that "The titty-fairie had visited."

I hesitated to share that, but thought that you might be able to use the expression to explain why you're not at work one day.

Swampy

kristi noser said...

I think the word breastular is hilarious.

theswamphare said...

Kristi,

How about "chesticles"?

erin said...

Swampy, Richard, too, is thrilled about the Titty-Fairy. You are not the first to use the term (sadly).
On another note, I'm so happy! This is exactly what I wanted this blog to be about--the absurd things that happen during pregnancy.

kristi noser said...

heh heh...chesticles...heh heh...