Wednesday, February 24, 2010

36 Weeks

I can't believe I'm already 36 weeks. Only a month to go! Life has been so busy lately that I haven't had a lot of time to focus on my pregnancy, which might be a good thing since I'm growing more uncomfortable and cumbersome by the day! BittyWee makes his or her presence known, however, by kicking and shoving violently, and last night I felt pretty serious hiccups for the first time. I had forgotten what a strange sensation that is!
I mentioned my varicose veins a couple weeks ago and I am very pleased to say that while they still bother me, they are GREATLY improved and causing a lot less pain. Thank you, Lord!
Lately I've been craving grilled-cheese sandwiches and WATER! I am very thirsty all the time. I also have been really enjoying an evening cup of decaf coffee after dinner. Although, that may just mean I'm turning into my grandma.
BabyCenter.com says that BittyWee weighs almost six pounds this week. That sounds about right, if baby is going to gain one ounce per day from here on out. At that rate, he or she will weigh about eight pounds, which is what SJ weighed when she was born. Follow my logic? Want me to stop talking? Ok, here's my photo:
I hate to beat a dead horse, but I keep asking Richard to take the most LEVEL photo he can, so that I look less pear-shaped. I don't think it's his fault.

4 comments:

Kara Jo said...

Erin, you make me smile! And you don't look like a pear, either, for what it's worth. :)

Congrats on 36 weeks!

Unknown said...

YAY for 36 weeks!

I'll have to remember that LEVEL trick for Jon when he starts taking my photos.

angie said...

heheheh i had to laugh after that last comment because i totally remember calling dave out on taking unfair photos of me. in the end, it turns out i really was just giant. i'm sure richard is playing tricks on you, though. :)
that said, i have two more thoughts. 1: i can't BELIEVE you are 36 weeks already!!! i further freaked out when i remembered q was born at 37 weeks. ... i'm just saying. i hope you have your hospital bags packed.
2: you look beautiful. :)

Unknown said...

Almost there! I love waiting for other people's babies! I'm looking forward to meeting Bittywee :)