Tuesday, February 9, 2010

33 Weeks

Imagine my surprise when I looked at the camera this week to see the photo Richard had taken of me and saw this:
This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening.
I have said several times over the past week that it doesn't seem right that I should be this miserable this early...only six-plus weeks to go...
Actually, I'm doing pretty well. My only real complaint is some very painful varicose veins that should go away after BittyWee is born. To that I say, SHOULD?!? Let me put it this way: I'll be should-ing all over myself if they don't. Especially if they still hurt this bad.
Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good.
I find myself daydreaming more and more often about what it will be like to have an infant in the house again. I'm definitely looking forward to it, though I do NOT feel ready yet.
Now that Lauren's wedding is over, I'm hoping to be able to focus on getting our home ready for BittyWee's arrival. Every day I've been working toward getting rid of stuff, organizing and making room for his or her things.
This week I have been craving FOOD. You name it, it probably sounds good. I'm hoping this means BittyWee is having a growth spurt, not that I'm just turning into a cow. Now, THAT would be a disappointing photo. I'm just saying.

2 comments:

angie said...

okay, i have laughed out loud THREE TIMES at that picture. you are hilarious, woman. maybe this little one will surprise you and come a little early? (but not TOO early) then you can regain your rightful fruit proportions. i'm not sure which fruit that would be, but i know it'll feel great when it comes. :) so close!

Jolene said...

Erin - you rock! This was hilarious :) You look awesome and I love that baby bump :) Give it a good rub for me!